Most of you know me.....and know me well.....So you know I am a 2nd grade teacher in my hometown of Azle. I, like many others, couldn't wait to leave Azle and NEVER come back......Well it seems like now all I can think about is getting back! Of course I already work in Azle but I drive from Keller every morning....Now with Landri being 2, that is a little crazy! We have officially put the For Sale sign in the yard...But we our currect economy who knows how long it could be! Maybe the right person will just come along......
As for my job it has its up and downs, just like life....But it is great to know that I am surrounded by close friends, co-workers, parents, and wonderful kids! I should say SUPER kids! All 21 of them are mine for the year......It is funny how they all become yours.....their accomplishments make you smile while their personal heartaches make you hurt too.....I got the chance today to spend just a little one on one time with each kid in my class while giving them a state assessment. Some of my kids shocked me with their abilities, some performed as I expected, and still others have a long way to go.....But with pride I can honestly say, they are all mine.....Just for a school year....But hopefully they will always have a place for me in their hearts.....I know they will/do in mine!


3 comments:
How touching!...This is why you are such a great teacher! Your kids are lucky to have you!
We are so lucky to work in a profession where we are able to touch so many lives. I love being a part of molding them and watching them as they grow and learn! Thank you for your dedication to your kids. You do a fabulous job!
Uhhhh... not sure if it would be a match or not, but I just had a conversation with a friend TODAY who is looking to move to Keller...
Wouldn't it be wild if she was interested? Send me an email with the details (your address, asking price, and anything else you want to add). They might not be interested, but it's worth a shot. Perhaps I could help TWO buddies out!
Hope all is going well with y'all. We're doing well, and I hope to post an update SOON so be looking in the next couple of days!
-Amber
amber(at)seastrunk(dot)com
Post a Comment