Sunday, August 23, 2009

'Twas the Night Before the First Day of School

Well tomorrow is a big day for lots of teachers, parents, and kids I know.......the first day of school! Some will be going to Kindergarten, others are starting high school, some are starting their own classrooms as teachers, and yet others will be dropping off their kids for a break! I will beginning my 7th year teaching tomorrow. That hardly seems possible! I am returning to a school I love....Eagle Heights Elementary. I love that we have a "new" building, I love the people I work with, I love the parents I know (and the ones I will meet this year), I love the principal that will come tomorrow even though she has many other things going on in her life, I love the asst. principal who has worked so hard to hold everything together, I love our secretary who deals with all the paperwork but MOST of all I love all the smiling faces I am going to see tomorrow! That makes it all worth it! I can't wait to see how my former students have grown and changed over the summer! I also can't wait to meet the faces of the kids I am going to have this year! As of tomorrow, they are mine until May! What an exciting time!

Just like Christmas Eve, it is hard for me to go to sleep tonight! There will be so much excitement in the morning! So I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

- Team EH....one dream, one team, one heart
- Alone we sparkle...together we SHINE!
Eagle Heights Elementary (A TEA EXEMPLARY CAMPUS)

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers